Friday, August 2, 2013

Active first week

I haven't gotten back to the gym since Monday, and that's alright.. I've had a lot going on after work this week but I've managed to stay active. Had two softball games Monday night after the WOD, could barely walk Tuesday but managed to get through two more games. As soft as co-ed kickball sounds (like softball sounded tough or something), I was able to move around the field well enough to crack a small sweat on Wednesday night and took a much needed night of rest where I completely shut it down last night. I'll be hitting a WOD tonight that looks pretty rough on the legs but I don't give a shit, sorry bout it legs. I'm also going to immediately lock in for a WOD tomorrow morning. Weekends have been the issue over the summer so far for me and it's where I've found it okay to cheat myself on making progress. That predictably snowballs into the middle of the week, and if something comes up and I don't make it then I'm all of a sudden a week removed from doing anything.. Need to constantly strive for progress, and like I said this is the "no fucking around" time, there's no room for error here. It's a straight line of progress until August 30th. All I need to do is crush a couple WOD's prior to relaxing and earn my weekend. Before my body can even know what hit it from tonight's WOD I'll be finishing up the workout on Saturday morning. It'll be nice to get two really big workouts in this weekend and set me up for the next 4 weeks. Let's fucking go.





Preview of tonight's WOD:

5x5 back squats

3RFT:

50 double unders
25 wallballs "2-fer-1's"

No comments:

Post a Comment